MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am an outsider on this page but looking at posts here i feel like i should give you guys few words of wisdom

Growing any type of community on any forum takes a lot of work. You guys are fresh but you have potential from what i've seen in the game i played here. Ya need to nurture that even if shit goes down.

You have a platform , you have players and you most importantly you have the will to improve and learn. They only thing ya need last is time. It's fine

You will clash ideas and stances but the most important thing is to sit and talk it over.

Best regards in the future , if ya need any outside help feel free to ask
Thanks for the kind and wise words.

Dragomir

Regular
Kin
435💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I went and read the rules and I came across the unpredictable mechanics section and came across these roles being banned in games.
  • Endgaming Jesters, Kill Immune Jesters, Investigation Immune Jesters.
I very much disagree with this. I can understand the death miller part a bit as this is a rather fresh mafia community and something like that might be too early but I really don't see a problem with the jesters.

An endgaming jester won't work for a large game but is fine for a really small one and one can easily just have multiple jesters where all of them have to be lynched so it ends the game for a large game setting. Not just that, could add more mechanics to it if you wanna get real creative.

Really ain't seeing the issue with a kill immune and invest immune jester. The kill immune helps them out as it can be a struggle to get town to lynch you instead of night kill you and the invest immune gives them a challenge as well as they gotta go up against appearing innocent to a cop meaning they have to play a top level game here as being investigated innocent is almost a confirmation that you're town in a lot of games.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I went and read the rules and I came across the unpredictable mechanics section and came across these roles being banned in games.
I very much disagree with this. I can understand the death miller part a bit as this is a rather fresh mafia community and something like that might be too early but I really don't see a problem with the jesters.

An endgaming jester won't work for a large game but is fine for a really small one and one can easily just have multiple jesters where all of them have to be lynched so it ends the game for a large game setting. Not just that, could add more mechanics to it if you wanna get real creative.

Really ain't seeing the issue with a kill immune and invest immune jester. The kill immune helps them out as it can be a struggle to get town to lynch you instead of night kill you and the invest immune gives them a challenge as well as they gotta go up against appearing innocent to a cop meaning they have to play a top level game here as being investigated innocent is almost a confirmation that you're town in a lot of games.
I am fairly okay with your idea. Maybe the guide was made in idea because players dont like playing against jesters, death miller etc . However i dont think this is the case if people are open to experiment its no harm really, i have seen oj players ready to play with experimental setup and them enjoying it.

I def feel when host includes roles like jester, death miller he should declare it before the game has unpredictable roles / negative utility.

Dragomir

Regular
Kin
435💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am fairly okay with your idea. Maybe the guide was made in idea because players dont like playing against jesters, death miller etc . However i dont think this is the case if people are open to experiment its no harm really, i have seen oj players ready to play with experimental setup and them enjoying it.

I def feel when host includes roles like jester, death miller he should declare it before the game has unpredictable roles / negative utility.
Yeah, this forum shouldn't fear from doing experimental setups as they can be very fun and a lot can be learned from them.

About the host notice, I think they should be more detailed than that at least when dealing with jesters because that lack of knowledge can really screw town in the ass if they're not wary of an endgaming jester.

MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I personally don't have anything against any setup as long as it's balanced and we meet the opening post requirements of announcing unpredictable mechanics. As a player, I like diversity so we can relax on that rule a bit.

Finalbeta

Elite
Kin
6,184💸
Kumi
29💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Has the requirement to be considered an approved host been extended to 3 games? I've only hosted one by myself so far (but manies if we count other communities as well) and I wonder whether or not I should send my setup for a game I have in mind right now that I wish to be added to the calendar

Reactions: MadieV