Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Rohan I am planning to host a game on Christmas .

Prize will be steam/Game giveaway . Is it fine from your side ?
You will have to take a spot on the calendar for that. Looking at the game record now if you take the fourth spot then your game will probably happen in February.

I would suggest that you put the steam prize in @SoulKiller game which will run through the month of December. Do you agree with this? Tell me if Yes or No.

You can take the fourth spot and host your game in February.

Another option is you can host a Turbo Game.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You will have to take a spot on the calendar for that. Looking at the game record now if you take the fourth spot then your game will probably happen in February.

I would suggest that you put the steam prize in @SoulKiller game which will run through the month of December. Do you agree with this? Tell me if Yes or No.

You can take the fourth spot and host your game in February.

Another option is you can host a Turbo Game.
I think thats all right for me will host on feb.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Code:
[QUOTE=Thingyman;273776][B][SIZE=5]PROPOSED SEASON 3 FORMAT: MATRIX12[/SIZE][/B]

The current proposed format for Season 3 is heavily inspired by the popular [URL="http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix6"]Matrix6[/URL] setup, which was designed by Cogito Ergo Sum and is used as a standard newbie setup on [URL="http://mafiascum.net/"]mafiascum[/URL].

The concept behind Matrix6 is that there are 6 possible setups illustrated via a matrix where several of the roles and setups overlap with each other. The host rands which one is used, and the players will not know which setup is in play; They must piece this together from knowing just their own role and from watching the reveals as people die.

Matrix12 works the same way, except with 12 possible setups. In addition, the size of the game is increased from 9 players to 17 players.

[table="class: grid"][tr][td][/td][td][B]A[/B][/td][td][B]B[/B][/td][td][B]C[/B][/td][td][B]D[/B][/td][td][B]E[/B][/td][td][B]F[/B][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]1[/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Jailkeeper[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Mafia Role Cop[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Strongman[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Odd Night Cop[/B][/COLOR][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]2[/B][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Mafia Roleblocker[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Alignment Cop[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Doctor[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Mafia Ninja[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Vanilla Townie[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]3[/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]1-Shot Bulletproof Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Strongman[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Tracker[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Masons (2)[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Strongman[/B][/COLOR][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]4[/B][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Strongman[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Vigilante[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Town Bodyguard[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]2-Shot Town Jailkeeper[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Vanilla Townie[/COLOR][/B][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]5[/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Vanilla Townie[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Mafia Jailkeeper[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1-Shot Mafia Strongman[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Alignment Cop w/ n0 town check[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Jailkeeper[/COLOR][/B][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]6[/B][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Vigilante[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Innocent Child[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#008000"][B]Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#008000"]Town Tracker[/COLOR][/B][/td][td][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]2-Shot Mafia Roleblocker[/B][/COLOR][/td][td][B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Mafia Watcher[/COLOR][/B][/td][/tr][/table]

The host randomizes a letter or a number, deciding which setup is used. I.e. if the host rands C, then the setup will consist of the roles in the C column. The host then adds 2 Mafia Goons to the setup and fills up the rest with Vanilla Townies.

I.e. setup C would give you this:
[SPOILER][B][COLOR="#008000"]1x Town Doctor[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="#008000"][B]1x Town Tracker
1x Town Vigilante
10x Vanilla Townie[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]1x Mafia Role Cop
1x Mafia Jailkeeper
2x Mafia Goon[/COLOR][/B][/SPOILER]

[box=More information][SIZE=3][B]General notes:[/B][/SIZE]
[LIST]
[*]The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
[*]For those wondering, some of the roles in the matrix (Mafia Ninja and 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof) will indeed only have value for either the row or the column setup in which it is used and not the other. This is not a mistake, it is done on purpose to only boost the mafia side in one of the two setups.
[*]Full Role PM's will be posted later, clearly describing each role. But for now, refer to our [URL="http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/database/mafia-roles/"]Role Database[/URL] if you are unfamiliar with any of these roles.[/LIST]
[SIZE=3][B]Notable restrictions/clarifications:[/B][/SIZE]
[LIST][*]The Mafia Ninja may not perform the factional kill on consecutive nights.
[*]The Bulletproof roles are passively protected from the first shot fired at them during night. They will not be informed if they lose their vest.
[*]None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
[*]Doctors, Jailkeepers and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
[*]The Innocent Child may choose himself when he wishes to be publicly confirmed in the thread as town.
[*]The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
[*]The Town Cop gets an automated check on Night 0, i.e. when the game begins he will already know the alignment of one town player (this player can be a power role or a Vanilla Townie, the Cop will not know). The reason that the Town Cop can't potentially check a mafia-aligned player on Night 0 is to prevent an unfortunate situation of a representative being outed as mafia before they've had a chance to showcase their skills.
[/LIST][/box]

The matrix consists of several well-known formats, though most of them are indeed untested. However, I have consulted with about 5-6 experienced game hosts now (including some of my fellow moderators) and after a lot of discussion, we overall feel fine about this proposal. Some setups are more prone to variance than others, but we feel that each side in all of the setups have a fair shot at winning. One issue that makes balancing tough for a Mafia Championship is that people are used to very different standards and metas, and what is balanced on one site may not be balanced on another site because of how the game is played there.

If there are strong objections or well-reasoned criticism, we are very willing to hear you out and consider making changes to the matrix. If you wish to propose changes, we hope that you will limit yourself to common and standard roles, given that we hope to automate these games, which will be difficult if it features too unique or complex roles.[/QUOTE]
For later use.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Shanks @Rohan I have increased the amount of mentions per post from 5 to 15 for regular users and from 5 to 30 for premium users. When you mention people in two posts in a row the posts gets automatically merged and the mentions limit will still count for 1 post so before this fix mentions over 5 people wouldn't work.

If you need to bypass it to mention more than 15 people in one post make a spacer post in between to make another 15 mentions, I will allow this in the mafia section.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Shanks @Rohan I have increased the amount of mentions per post from 5 to 15 for regular users and from 5 to 30 for premium users. When you mention people in two posts in a row the posts gets automatically merged and the mentions limit will still count for 1 post so before this fix mentions over 5 people wouldn't work.

If you need to bypass it to mention more than 15 people in one post make a spacer post in between to make another 15 mentions, I will allow this in the mafia section.
Thanks Zise you are awesome man .