Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just an update, if you play a game with an alternate account it won't count as a game to give you a medal. So use alternate accounts if you want to prevent meta reads and you are fine with that game not counting for a medal.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Updates:-

Game Phases Guide has been updated: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21899606.

Hosting Rules have been updated: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21847635.
Post automatically merged:

Ability Types Guide updated: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21899622.

Action Resolution Guide Updated: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21899626.

Twilight Phases have been added to the guide, all hosts are advised to use the Twilight Phases in their game to prevent problems with last-minute votes and actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michelle

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The AB mafia community has got an invitation to a Video mafia game tournament with a cash prize pool of 3000 dollars. If you are interested in been a representative of AB, DM me on Discord Rohan#0235/ PM me here. We can only send two representatives.

Here is an example of video mafia.

Last edited:
Reactions: AL_sama

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not active here. But I'm looking forward to Mafia in that other place.
Cool.

An experienced mafia player comments on Town Of Salem.

"I want to say Forum TOS Is handled very poorly, but I don't have too much recent experience with it.

The main problem is the trial lynch system. The way it was run when I looked into it was that, as soon as majority vote was reached, the "trial" began as normal. The problem was that, in order to not bog the game down, the trial consisted of three hours where only the defendant can post and then three hours where no one can post except to vote innocent or guilty for the final lynch (which is plurality). The problem, you might recognize, is that the whole affair takes six hours, which means that there's a 1/3 chance a given player, including the defendant, is asleep for the whole thing. The approach to this seemed to be to just ignore this glaring problem and not care about the consequences, which I guess is keeping with the spirit of ToS (given that most of the game modes are horribly balanced and it only gets away with how broken it is because of how little the players are actually invested in a given match).

The restricted role system has two problems. The first, and more glaring, is that some of the roles are basically cancer. Particularly Spy and Vampire Hunter, who can listen in on Scum communication, which basically forces Scum to not communicate, which defeats the whole ******* purpose of being an informed minority to begin with. I'll admit I haven't read the Coven update stuff yet, other than being vaguely aware that they added more roles, but my experience with Spy and VH was pretty much that it was stupid and actively made the game less fun. I recall Forum TOS had removed another role, I think Disguiser, because it used to operate in a way that was not translatable to forum (Disguiser would appear to die and take on the identity of the disguised player or something like that), but I also recall that being patched a long while ago, so I imagine it was eventually brought back. The other problem is more a person thing, but I don't like that ToS bundles ability and alignment into a single term, because players coming from ToS often have trouble distinguishing the two as a result.

Ultimately, up until fairly recently, the people running the Forum ToS were particularly lazy about actually working on the section or fixing anything, which led to a lot of problems. They've got a new manager now in whom I have more confidence, but I don't know if the system is frankly salvageable. I sat down and tried to figure out how I'd run a trial system (before realizing that I wasn't actually allowed to run it any way but their 3-hour interpretation) and couldn't come up with anything that didn't bog the game down. Its telling that the community for the game on which Town of Salem is based doesn't use the trial lynch system for their forum mafia, despite having invented the trial lynch system for their StarCraft II custom game."

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cool.

An experienced mafia player comments on Town Of Salem.

"I want to say Forum TOS Is handled very poorly, but I don't have too much recent experience with it.

The main problem is the trial lynch system. The way it was run when I looked into it was that, as soon as majority vote was reached, the "trial" began as normal. The problem was that, in order to not bog the game down, the trial consisted of three hours where only the defendant can post and then three hours where no one can post except to vote innocent or guilty for the final lynch (which is plurality). The problem, you might recognize, is that the whole affair takes six hours, which means that there's a 1/3 chance a given player, including the defendant, is asleep for the whole thing. The approach to this seemed to be to just ignore this glaring problem and not care about the consequences, which I guess is keeping with the spirit of ToS (given that most of the game modes are horribly balanced and it only gets away with how broken it is because of how little the players are actually invested in a given match).

The restricted role system has two problems. The first, and more glaring, is that some of the roles are basically cancer. Particularly Spy and Vampire Hunter, who can listen in on Scum communication, which basically forces Scum to not communicate, which defeats the whole ******* purpose of being an informed minority to begin with. I'll admit I haven't read the Coven update stuff yet, other than being vaguely aware that they added more roles, but my experience with Spy and VH was pretty much that it was stupid and actively made the game less fun. I recall Forum TOS had removed another role, I think Disguiser, because it used to operate in a way that was not translatable to forum (Disguiser would appear to die and take on the identity of the disguised player or something like that), but I also recall that being patched a long while ago, so I imagine it was eventually brought back. The other problem is more a person thing, but I don't like that ToS bundles ability and alignment into a single term, because players coming from ToS often have trouble distinguishing the two as a result.

Ultimately, up until fairly recently, the people running the Forum ToS were particularly lazy about actually working on the section or fixing anything, which led to a lot of problems. They've got a new manager now in whom I have more confidence, but I don't know if the system is frankly salvageable. I sat down and tried to figure out how I'd run a trial system (before realizing that I wasn't actually allowed to run it any way but their 3-hour interpretation) and couldn't come up with anything that didn't bog the game down. Its telling that the community for the game on which Town of Salem is based doesn't use the trial lynch system for their forum mafia, despite having invented the trial lynch system for their StarCraft II custom game."
Lol its like in a courtroom

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you. That doesn't mean i am not sad by what you said.
Don't need to be sad. You still have Dr.Strange, Poison Chan, Alice, Soul killer, Odd, MadieV, Gister, Bimbonium, Dragomir, Ryu, Tigger, Tigerrr in the woods, Finalbeta, PK, Chihaya, 6thHokage, Rohan. All the great players there.

dangs you are leaving !! Is it temporary mafia break ?
Leaving for good.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't need to be sad. You still have Dr.Strange, Poison Chan, Alice, Soul killer, Odd, MadieV, Gister, Bimbonium, Dragomir, Ryu, Tigger, Tigerrr in the woods, Finalbeta, PK, Chihaya, 6thHokage, Rohan. All the great players there.

Leaving for good.
Welps you can still come back any time .