AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know this mafia community is new for bastard games but you can let them learn little by little there's no reason to ban them totally

as for rules like scums must have a chat and not allowing cult to recruit other scums, there's no need for these rules if the game balanced

you might not like my opinions @Rohan but I felt like them I hope you didn't mind

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know this mafia community is new for bastard games but you can let them learn little by little there's no reason to ban them totally

as for rules like scums must have a chat and not allowing cult to recruit other scums, there's no need for these rules if the game balanced

you might not like my opinions @Rohan but I felt like them I hope you didn't mind
Bastard Games will remain banned. This is to make the rules solid. A middle ground will only end up causing problems. The bastard games would be an rare exception which would happen occasionally. Again it is too early here for a 24 hours Bastard game to happen. If people really want Bastard games, they can do it under Turbo Games.

If a Cults and Mafias type faction don't have chats then they would be categorised under "Custom" faction. The thing is Mafias and Cults are informed minorities. Taking away the informed part means the faction is no longer a Mafia or Cult. Again, it is not banned, you can have an uninformed minority anti town faction in your game but it won't be recorded as Mafia or Cult, it will be recorded as Custom. The rule is there to make people aware of this fact.

Cults can recruit Serials, but they cannot recruit Cults and Mafias. This was done because it's messy and very hard to balance. Maybe someone can do it in the occasional bastard games.

All opinions are welcome.
Post automatically merged:

P.S: That chat part is confusing, I will edit that rule.

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bastard Games will remain banned. This is to make the rules solid. A middle ground will only end up causing problems. The bastard games would be an rare exception which would happen occasionally. Again it is too early here for a 24 hours Bastard game to happen. If people really want Bastard games, they can do it under Turbo Games.

If a Cults and Mafias type faction don't have chats then they would be categorised under "Custom" faction. The thing is Mafias and Cults are informed minorities. Taking away the informed part means the faction is no longer a Mafia or Cult. Again, it is not banned, you can have an uninformed minority anti town faction in your game but it won't be recorded as Mafia or Cult, it will be recorded as Custom. The rule is there to make people aware of this fact.

Cults can recruit Serials, but they cannot recruit Cults and Mafias. This was done because it's messy and very hard to balance. Maybe someone can do it in the occasional bastard games.

All opinions are welcome.

P.S: That chat part is confusing, I will edit that rule.
if you wish to ban them that's fine too

scums can be informed even without chat and there's many ways to balance cult recruiting mafia but yeah new hosts won't be able to do them

thanks

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if you wish to ban them that's fine too

scums can be informed even without chat and there's many ways to balance cult recruiting mafia but yeah new hosts won't be able to do them

thanks

The chat and the informed ability are the main issues here. It creates a problem which is impossible to solve. Even partially informed anti town players in a faction will cause issues (By informed I mean knowing the roles and players on your team).

However if both are removed then yes it is allowed. For example you can have an uninformed minority anti town faction consisting of three players. The Cult can in this case recruit those three players because the lack of a chat and lack of been informed solves the two problems. However in this case that Anti town faction would not be recorded as Mafia in the calendar, it will be recorded as a Custom because a core element of the Mafia faction was removed and hence it is no longer the same. In game you can call that faction a mafia but it won't be recorded as a Mafia. The same logic applies to Cults.

Change 1: In this post: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21899612, these parts were added:-

Notes:-
  • The names of the factions are used officially for recording purposes. A game host might use alternative or custom names for these factions. However, the mechanics of the faction will always remain the same.
  • The colours for the factions are mainly used officially for recording purposes. A game host might designate a faction with any color according to his/her preferences.
Change 2: The Hosting rule here: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21847635 was clarified further with an addition in bold.

• Mafias and Cults must have a means of communication between the faction members outside of the game thread.
  • If an Anti-Town faction does not have a private means of communication and the players in the faction are uninformed, then the faction becomes an uninformed minority anti-town faction and will fall under the Custom faction category.

Last edited:

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The chat and the informed ability are the main issues here. It creates a problem which is impossible to solve. Even partially informed anti town players in a faction will cause issues (By informed I mean knowing the roles and players on your team).

However if both are removed then yes it is allowed. For example you can have an uninformed minority anti town faction consisting of three players. The Cult can in this case recruit those three players because the lack of a chat and lack of been informed solves the two problems. However in this case that Anti town faction would not be recorded as Mafia in the calendar, it will be recorded as a Custom because a core element of the Mafia faction was removed and hence it is no longer the same. In game you can call that faction a mafia but it won't be recorded as a Mafia. The same logic applies to Cults.

Change 1: In this post: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21899612, these parts were added:-

Notes:-
  • The names of the factions are used officially for recording purposes. A game host might use alternative or custom names for these factions. However, the mechanics of the faction will always remain the same.
  • The colours for the factions are mainly used officially for recording purposes. A game host might designate a faction with any color according to his/her preferences.
Change 2: The Hosting rule here: https://animebase.me/threads/animebase-mafia-game-overview-and-rules.764463/#post-21847635 was clarified further with an addition in bold.

• Mafias and Cults must have a means of communication between the faction members outside of the game thread.
  • If an Anti-Town faction does not have a private means of communication and the players in the faction are uninformed, then the faction becomes an uninformed minority anti-town faction and will fall under the Custom faction category.
like I said they can be informed if the host does things right lol

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
example host can inform every role and every actions to all the team member

I m not saying that its needed for every game but some setups needs theses things
I don't see how that would work.

No a setup does not need it because it is broken. I have asked experienced hosts and they all agree that Cults recruiting from Mafia is broken.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I somehow got Premium so I can mention 30 players per post. If you need to mention everyone contact me.

I figured Sage was not town. Just wrong that he was Mafia. Either way, its a good pick. Town did not screw up
You cannot talk about ongoing games here. Do in the game thread when the Day Phase starts.

Reactions: Michelle