Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How much members here want the PhoTM to resume in November and are willing to take part?
Comment below and if you have any suggestions on how to make the contest better, post below.

Don't spam in this thread, you will be infracted accordingly.

Reactions: Jin

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wish the contest would get resumed! And would personally take part.

I don't particularly like the rule that there should be NB proof in the photo. I've searched through some of the previous contests and noticed that not every picture has the NB proof in it. So I'm not sure whether that is a rule that must be obided or not. I certainly do feel like some members think they have to put NB in their photo, but in the end, submissions that don't have it are also valid. Anyway, I think that it should get removed from the rules. I know that the whole original idea of the contest was to combine real life and NB, but that rule restricts the photographer's crativity, as in inspiration to do photography for the contest. The sole fact that someone is posting a work of their art here shows a great connection between NB and real life.

Furthermore, I think we should try freestyle for a theme, especially for the return of the contest. (And then maybe throw one once in a while). I believe that there are members who perhaps really like taking photos, but often give up from submitting when they see a certain theme that doesn't interest them. Now, I do think that having a theme makes a better-formatted, well organized contest. However, the contest does get too few submissions and that could it to get back on its feet.

I hope I'm making sense. I would love for this project to keep going. :)

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I don't particularly like the rule that there should be NB proof in the photo. I've searched through some of the previous contests and noticed that not every picture has the NB proof in it. So I'm not sure whether that is a rule that must be obided or not. I certainly do feel like some members think they have to put NB in their photo, but in the end, submissions that don't have it are also valid. Anyway, I think that it should get removed from the rules. I know that the whole original idea of the contest was to combine real life and NB, but that rule restricts the photographer's crativity, as in inspiration to do photography for the contest. The sole fact that someone is posting a work of their art here shows a great connection between NB and real life.

Furthermore, I think we should try freestyle for a theme, especially for the return of the contest. (And then maybe throw one once in a while). I believe that there are members who perhaps really like taking photos, but often give up from submitting when they see a certain theme that doesn't interest them. Now, I do think that having a theme makes a better-formatted, well organized contest. However, the contest does get too few submissions and that could it to get back on its feet.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

For the images that don't have the NB proof logo that are sent to voting, a picture is PM'd to me with the NB logo in it along with the image that the user wants to use to vote. So its up to the user if they want to add the NB logo for the pic that's going to voting, but one of the pictures (Supporting or Voting) must have the NB logo.
Reasons for the NB logo in the image is that someone can go get an image online and flip it or do something to it so that it wont show up on Google's image searcher and then that person may win by using someone elses pic.

If it resumes, I'll do freestyle.. Though its been done before and there were not much submissions.

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for your suggestions :)

For the images that don't have the NB proof logo that are sent to voting, a picture is PM'd to me with the NB logo in it along with the image that the user wants to use to vote. So its up to the user if they want to add the NB logo for the pic that's going to voting, but one of the pictures (Supporting or Voting) must have the NB logo.
Reasons for the NB logo in the image is that someone can go get an image online and flip it or do something to it so that it wont show up on Google's image searcher and then that person may win by using someone elses pic.

If it resumes, I'll do freestyle.. Though its been done before and there were not much submissions.
Oh, I see! I did not think it was that way. Then it is a very good concept. It is really not a problem to take one more similar photo containing the NB proof.

Micro, macro, frog perspective, bird perspective, black and white, simmetry, assimetry, geometry. Maybe having those style-like themes would inspire people. I know they would me.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, I see! I did not think it was that way. Then it is a very good concept. It is really not a problem to take one more similar photo containing the NB proof.

Micro, macro, frog perspective, bird perspective, black and white, simmetry, assimetry, geometry. Maybe having those style-like themes would inspire people. I know they would me.
I'll keep that in mind :)

Reactions: Gabby-chan

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll advertise/threaten people to join if I have to
You will have to advertise, otherwise the contest will end up with few participants. I am pretty sure that a majority of the people here do not even know that this contest exists. You can spread the word by making threads in the Chatterbox and the NDS. Both sections attract many members which means more people will know about the contest.

Last edited:

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would like to take part.

I am sorry for the sport pic contest, i realy had my pic done but i forgot to take a nb proof in the moment i took that pic. It was from a street basketball match and i enjoyed soo much to see street bball in my country.
when i realised i cannot prove i made the pic i was soo frustrated ...

So please continue with the contest and i will participate and i will for sure make a double pic next time :)

Reactions: Horus

Оdin

Elite
Kin
614💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

There needs to be proof that an NB member took the picture or else you'd have a lot of people ripping pictures from websites that Google reverse image search has no access to. You can easily take two pics; one without the logo and one with it, or you can make the logo in the background of the picture using whatever you find around the environment, or engrave it on the ground or whatever. After all, being creative will probably inch you closer to first place than just snapping a pretty picture.

Reactions: Horus
Status
Not open for further replies.